WBUR Buys 92.7 WMVY

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Tue Nov 27 17:56:26 EST 2012

<<On Tue, 27 Nov 2012 16:06:53 -0600, scott@fybush.com said:

> Some of what they do is not automated. Formats have been an issue there
> for years, because something in their database links format to callsign
> and keeps that link there even when the callsign changes. Look up
> "WNOW-FM" in Radio-Locator and it will give you the correct technical and
> ownership information for 92.3 in New York City, but the format
> information, slogan and website will be those for 105.3 in Gaffney, South
> Carolina, where the WNOW-FM calls were in use until just a few weeks ago.

And this, by the way, is why in the Archives we identify stations by
their Facility ID Number rather than callsign.  (Check out the URL for
one of our station profile pages -- the number at the end is always
the same as the station's FIN.  The audio collection is indexed the
same way, although it doesn't make it into URLs, and I'd like to have
the same precision for the photos as well, which would allow me to
automatically link station profiles to the relevant phots and photo
galleries.)

-GAWollman