WBUR Buys 92.7 WMVY

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Tue Nov 27 17:52:08 EST 2012

<<On Tue, 27 Nov 2012 16:06:53 -0600, scott@fybush.com said:

> I had thought R-L was using FCC data to list translator stations' parents,
> but that appears not to be the case. CDBS correctly shows the 100.7
> translator with WCIB as its parent, but it shows the 93.9 as being fed by
> WNCK Nantucket. R-L obviously doesn't have it that way, which tells me
> that they're doing translator parents manually, and are behind the curve
> on those.

Stations are not required to report translator inputs in a
standardized way except when filing certain other kinds of
applications (CPs, AL/TC, and I think renewals), so the FCC doesn't
actually track these changes in a formal way.  I think translator
licensees are still required to report when they change their input
signal, but only informally (as a letter), and these informal reports
do not result in database updates.  (You may be able to see them as
"imported letters", but my experience on that front has been rather
hit-or-miss.)  I doubt that the Audio Division staff actually checks
reported input stations for compliance with the rules.

-GAWollman