pirate query

Dale H. Cook radiotest@plymouthcolony.net
Sun May 27 20:51:11 EDT 2012

At 07:57 PM 5/27/2012, Donna Halper wrote:

>So, does Touch have a legal license or not?

I see no license for that frequency just south of Boston - the only licenses for that frequency in Massachusetts that I see are WCOD in Hyannis and translators in Newburyport and Pittsfield.

>If not, how has the owner managed to stay on the air without one for such a long time without the FCC stepping in?

Probably because no licensed stations have received complaints of interference caused by him, and probably because his transmitter is clean enough not to interfere with Logan communications. Those are the two things most likely to galvanize EB into investigating.

Dale H. Cook, Market Chief Engineer, Centennial Broadcasting, Roanoke/Lynchburg, VA
http://plymouthcolony.net/starcityeng/index.html