Question for those around Quincy

Chris Hall chris2526@comcast.net
Thu May 24 01:30:47 EDT 2012

I have been reading some old Radio (actual name) magazines from the 40’s and was reminded of the old police band which formerly ran from above
1500 Khz to 3000 Khz, many of my antique table model 5 tube superhets have Police at the right end of the band. Through the mid 80’s (probably the last time I drove by) there was a Lehigh standard radiator self supporting base insulated tower identical to the one built on Naugus Ave Marblehead for WESX outside the Quincy Police station. Is it still there and used for top mounted current police band antennas?