"It's the programming, stupid!"

Paul Hopfgarten paul@derrynh.net
Mon May 21 16:58:14 EDT 2012

IIRC, WWEL only ran NIGHT games of the Sox, and I don't believe 1430 carried
them, only 107.9 to augment WITS's pitiful nighttime signal. (even as close
as Randolph, where I lived at the time, I listened to 107.9 for the night
games in 1978...)

Paul Hopfgarten
Epping NH

-----Original Message-----
From: Maureen Carney
Sent: Monday, May 21, 2012 1:10 PM
To: Larry Weil ; Bob DeMattia
Cc: boston-radio-interest@tsornin.bostonradio.org
Subject: Re: "It's the programming, stupid!"

Larry wrote:

I recall the same when I moved to the Boston area in 1978.  And then their
faithful listeners were shocked when they abruptly went “Disco”.

Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH

I cried when I heard disco - not just because I didn't like the music but
because WWEL ran the Red Sox on both the AM and FM and I couldn't get 1510
in after moving from Dedham to Holliston.