"It's the programming, stupid!"

Don Donald_Astelle@yahoo.com
Sat May 19 12:41:05 EDT 2012

>> Those of us who are 50 or older know what AM is and what it used to mean.
>>

> I am also surprised that AM broadcasters have not done a better job
> lobbying for their own interests.

If, as an owner of an AM, you feel that the end of AM broadcasting is
inevitable.....it's headed into a death spiral that no one is going to be
able to turn around....then why not have the attititude of getting every
last dollar out of it before it eventually crashes to the ground.

That seems to be the feelings of Entercom, who, IMHO, have 2 of the worst
programmed AM stations.

They have not taken one step to extending the lifespan of their Boston AM
stations.  It's as though they're stuck with them, and too busy figuring out
how to rape and pillage the properties before they die.

AM is fast becoming the new shortwave.  Interesting for a few.
...untolerable for most.

With the exception of WBZ, I can't hink of one compelling reason to listen
to AM....except for "radio geek" curiosity to see whats out there on
occaision.