WFNX sold to Clear Channel

Garys Ice Cream gary@garysicecream.com
Thu May 17 16:26:59 EDT 2012

I've wondered what has taken CC so long to bring the 1200 signal to the
North Shore and Merrimack Valley.  Were it not for XM radio I would no
longer get my nightly "alien and shadow people fix" from Coast to Coast with
George Norey since I cannot get 1200 after dark.

www.garysicecream.com

-----Original Message-----
From: boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.org
[mailto:boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.org] On Behalf Of
Bob Nelson
Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2012 2:52 PM
To: Dan.Strassberg
Cc: (newsgroup) Boston-Radio-Interest
Subject: Re: WFNX sold to Clear Channel

Some are predicting 1200 would stay the same and 101.7 would go Spanish,
reaching some areas with many Latinos, but there is indeed the idea that it
could be a new FM home for Talk 1200. But yes, they did the
1200 improvements to launch the conservative talker and now they'd be taking
it to FM after all that.

Agreed about the whole Carr to am drive deal; would Katz be moved to another
slot, or out the door? Then again if they feel they could do 3 local hosts
and the rest syndie (Carr/Beck/Rush/Jay/Katz etc) they might think it's
worth it.

I don't know if Howie would care about how well 101.7 reaches Wellesley as
long as he gets a good salary, gets on FM, etc. He's hinted he'd love to
move down to Florida and do his show from there ("the Southern
Command"---Rush)

WFNX signal on radio-locator--the red circle (local) goes to just east of
Framingham so allegedly it would reach the Carr manse in Swellesley...