WPKZ To Air Yankees Games

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@mail.com
Sat Mar 3 10:59:23 EST 2012

Dan wrote: >>980 in Troy hasn't been WTRY for decades. Currently, I believe that station is WOFX I stand corrected--I remember those calls from the past, from when I'd go up to southwest Vermont and hear them. (btw next to them on the dial used to be WHWB 970 licensed to West Rutland I believe; long since gone dark)
 Radio-locator shows the location of WTRY-FM's antenna to be SW of Schenectady; SE of Duanesburg
 and just south of I-88, and just off US-20. Maybe 10 miles by road from Schenectady, perhaps less as
 the crow flies. As for WOFX, the (again, approximate) signal map on radio-locator shows a substantial
 day signal while at night the null seems to be to the northwest, with much of the signal pointed southeast
 towards Pittsfield, N. Adams, etc.