WWLP, William Lowell Putnam (was 40 years ago...)

Laurence Glavin lglavin@mail.com
Sat Jun 23 16:14:10 EDT 2012

 Considering Mr. and Mrs. Putnam's hearty embrace of UHF Television in the early days of WWLP-TV, I find it
 somewhat amusing that the station switched from UHF to VHF after the analog-to-digital switchover two years ago.
 It now broadcasts on VHF channel 11, and not really that far from channel 11 atop Saddleback Mountain in
 Deerfield, NH. Where I live north of Boston, channel 11 in NH comes in with a blockbuster signal, better than
 some UHFs a similar distance away to the SW near Boston.