Over digitalized and processed music

sids1045@aol.com sids1045@aol.com
Fri Jun 22 07:11:57 EDT 2012

Sorry, but that battle was lost a long time ago.  The music medium of the moment is bit-rate-reduced compressed MP3s listened to through earbuds with a frequency response only slightly wider than an old Bell 500 telephone.  What's worse is that now most radio stations get their music via downloads, and all too often those downloads suffer from the same problem.  The era of "hi-fi" is long gone.

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Hall:
I was driving down Memorial Drive yesterday when one of my favorite old songs
Love Shack” by the B-52’s was on one of Boston’s classic hits stations, I could
ardly believe my ears.....this fantastic song much like all the great Disco and
ance tunes now sound the dregs. They have been through so much digital
ompression and processing that the original life and texture is now missing. I
ecall driving Revere Beach with the top down and car loads of kids would be
anging out of cars with Love Shack cranking with them banging on the sides of
he car. This song had such life and vibrancy to it, not any more.