40 years ago - Boston became a 2 newspaper town

Kevin Vahey kvahey@gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 02:22:29 EDT 2012

At the end Harold Clancy was the GM of WHDH and publisher of the
Herald-Traveler. He was by all accounts a 'good boss'.  He passed 15 years
ago.

In the 60's the only real influence you saw with the Herald/Channel 5 was
with football.

The Herald ignored the Patriots and instead staffed all NY Giants games
which aired on channel 5.

The Globe in turn allowed a young reporter to cover the Patriots - Will
McDonough :)

The Herald in the 60's had some great writers - Jimmy Breslin, George
Frazier and Tim Horgan.