40 years ago - Boston became a 2 newspaper town

A Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Tue Jun 19 01:35:22 EDT 2012

On 6/18/2012 1:25 AM, Kevin Vahey wrote:

> Joe - my Dad worked for WHDH-TV - the studio being built on Morrissey
> Blvd was a direct cannon shot at the Globe.

That still depended on business considerations, such as the availability
of the land at a price that made business sense.  And since the Herald
Traveler plant (the present Herald plant) was nearby, it's not clear to
me that the location wasn't chosen more for its proximity to the Herald
Traveler than to the Globe, as delicious as the proximity to the Globe
might have been.

--
A. Joseph Ross, J.D.|92 State Street|Suite 700|Boston, MA 02109-2004
617.367.0468|Fx:617.507.7856|http://www.attorneyross.com