WPTR/WDCD

Kevin Vahey kvahey@gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 15:19:51 EDT 2012

I have seen some stills but no footage - Boston TV has a checkered
history with archives.

WSBK bought the WHDH-5 archive as once again the Herald-Traveler would
not help WCVB-TV at all. The only thing WCVB did get from WHDH was the
mobile unit.The Sports Museum wound up with the WHDH-5 sports archive
when WSBK donated it but I have no clue where the news archive went. I
don't think WBZ wanted it.

WNAC had no archive to speak of and WBZ-TV has very little before 1975.

Suffolk Down was an odd choice for the Beatles but I suspect the Red
Sox wanted no part of them.

The late Roger Scott was the WPTR announcer on stage. Scott became so
popular in Montreal that CFOX hired him and went that station lost the
battle with CKGM he went back to the UK.