WPTR/WDCD

TVNETDUDE@aol.com TVNETDUDE@aol.com
Sun Jun 17 14:27:25 EDT 2012

I remember that concert very well. The people that attended it  had a hard
time hearing it because of all of the screaming. I could hear the  entire
concert from any part of my neighborhood like I was there. The  Cyrkle was the
opening band and they were good too.

I have always wondered why there was never a copy of that  historic Beatles
concert on film or videotape somewhere. I have never seen  a scrap of video
or film on that concert. I have heard rumors that WBZ-TV has it  somewhere
but it has never surfaced to my knowledge.

They must have forgotten.

Mike

In a message dated 6/17/2012 12:01:07 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
boston-radio-interest-request@tsornin.BostonRadio.org writes:

>>>In 1966 WPTR was one of three radio stations that were  official hosts of
the Beatles at Suffolk Downs (along with WBZ and  WMEX)

At night they were very popular in Montreal as the station came  in much
stronger than signal challenged  CFOX.<<<