Changes at WWZN

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 10:31:21 EDT 2012

"Later this summer" may mean a possible 1200 or 101.7 deal, as Mindich
vacates 101.7 in late July and CC takes over 101.7.

RKO pushes north and south after dark, fairly solid on the whole, but
earlier sunsets could hurt (and I'd think they'd only take Ed maybe in
place of Savage. They are locked up with Michele and Howie and stay
local daytime of course). A live clearance or delayed on 96.9 could be
possible.

RKO hasn't pushed for an FM simulcast --and of course Entercom really
doesn't have anything available other than the WAAF simulcast which
they wouldn't want to blow up. RKO does well signal-wise by day, so
they have Feinburg, Financial Exchange, McPhee and Howie--and after 7
pm with Savage, Doyle, and Red Eye no big deal if the signal doesn't
push west. The money is in days. Thus they figure the 680 signal is
half decent but perhaps if an FM outlet
opened up and they bought it, it could work. Would they keep talk if Howie left?
Somehow I think 680, 96.9, and 1200 all are not budging from the talk formats.