Globe: What happened to rock radio in Boston?

Maureen Carney m_carney@yahoo.com
Tue Jun 5 18:41:56 EDT 2012

There were Fernades stores in Medway and Ashland at one time. Purity Supreme and their warehouse store Heartland was another chain.

My grandparents shopped at the Capital at Dedham Plaza. They loved the fact that they could drive the car up and have it loaded. My mother shopped at the FINAST in (IIRC) West Roxbury.

And, to tie this to radio, I remember listening to WBZ-FM on 106.7 in the A&P in East Dedham circa 1974-1975.