Globe: What happened to rock radio in Boston?

Paul paul@derrynh.net
Tue Jun 5 14:37:04 EDT 2012

The I in IGA is for Independent. The IGA stores in New England are generally
supplied by AGNE (Associated Grocers of NE).

Remember in the late 60s early 70s when First National Stores (kind of)
rebranded as FINAST attempting to breathe life in what I believe even then was a
dying chain.

Let's see....South Shore Grocery Stores..
Fernandes (I think Randolph MA was their northern-most store...bought out (that
locale) by Sudbury Farms..
Capital (Which actually took over the FINAST store in Randolph)
BPM (Brockton Public Markets) which I believe was owned by the brother of the
Shaws owner previous to selling to the Brits.

Just a trip down Grocery Store memory lane....

-Paul Hopfgarten
Epping NH (then Randolph MA)