21st century elevator music (Was Re: WBZ should hang its head in shame)

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Tue Jun 5 12:37:37 EDT 2012

<<On Tue, 05 Jun 2012 11:06:26 -0400, "Bill O'Neill" <billohno@gmail.com> said:

> So, it would appear that there is a degree of discretion afforded some
> chains' local or regional decision makers within a range of format
> offerings on their respective subscriber packages.  What I've not hear
> is any OTA radio.

I was in the new(ish) Whole Foods in Wellesley a few weeks ago and
they were running SiriusXM 80s on 8.  I've never heard SXM in a Whole
Foods before; the ones in Framingham and Cambridge that I'm in
semi-regularly use an unbranded music service.

I'm told that it's up to the store manager what to play, within the
selection the satellite service offers.

-GAWollman