Could Mindich have worked a deal to park WFNX on a boat somewhere?

A Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Mon Jul 23 00:02:22 EDT 2012

On 7/22/2012 10:52 AM, Sid Schweiger wrote:

> I went through this some years ago in a previous job, and with the customary IANAL disclaimer in mind:  we were told by counsel that you can't trademark any government-issued identifier.  You can register call signs as service marks, but as I understand it the degree of protection from other potential users is less.

So far as I know, the only real difference between a trade mark and a
service mark is that the former is for a business of making things, and
the latter is for anything else.  The degree of protection, so far as I
know, is the same.

--
A. Joseph Ross, J.D.|92 State Street|Suite 700|Boston, MA 02109-2004
617.367.0468|Fx:617.507.7856|http://www.attorneyross.com