Did WBZ-TV cross the line on July 4th concerning public safety?

Kevin Vahey kvahey@gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 17:12:30 EDT 2012

I have been told WBZ RADIO was truthful on what was happening at the shell.
I stand corrected.

However - the TV audience was definitely mislead and the national audience
was even led to believe the Pops played the 1812 on the 4th.

The 4th concert as conceived by Arthur Fiedler has been ruined by CBS
Television who simply want a nice 60 minute package at 10 PM. I don't blame
WBZ-TV for this as they are following orders from New York. However the
concert was far better when carried by WGBH and later WCVB. ( and shown
nationally on A&E )