WBZ changes

Laurence Glavin lglavin@mail.com
Sun Jan 22 15:02:55 EST 2012

 properly understand because of the missing >pictures. >4) In general, I feel like I'm hearing a lot less of Mike Coleman's >voice and production style. >Thoughts, anyone? >-GAWollman A few tiumes this past week, Mary Blake did the midday news and stated that she was sitting in for Laurie Kirby. (If a person stands while he or she delivers the news, is that person still "sitting in"?; well you said you wanted "thoughts. You didn't say they had to be cogent). On a station with a primarily "news reader" format, who cares who the "reader" is? A couple of months ago, I mentioned that the great Dave Faneuf is now doing weekday mornings at WBUR most of the time. But on days when somebody else is doing the news inserts and other work during that shift, people don't ordinarily say they're sitting in for Dave. Another development\non-developmeent at WBZ-AM: first they went non-IBOC, and then a few days later, they're at it again. Some have reported that the station sounded better dur!
 ing the period when it was off. Maybe marginally on my BEST AM radio, the GE portable that doesn't seem to be a Superradio, but behaves like one; it's the receiver I used to pick up LTAR on WJIB eons ago (sigh).