WBZ changes

A Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Sun Jan 22 23:44:16 EST 2012

On 1/22/2012 1:43 PM, Garrett Wollman wrote:

> 3) They are running the "CBS Evening News" audio from 6:30 to 7:00 --
> a move so idiotic it must have come from CBS corporate.  Not only is
> the TV nightly news not written or produced for radio, 6:30 is still
> well within the bounds of PM drive-time for many of us.  If I'm lucky
> enough to get out of work early, I want to hear traffic, weather, and
> news, in that order, not some four-minute thumbsucker piece on the
> economy that I can't even properly understand because of the missing
> pictures.

I've noticed this when, occasionally, I've been in my car and tuned to
WBZ at that hour. I was surprised because it reminded me of the old CBS
sound of 50 years ago on WEEI.   It seemed to make sufficient sense to
me, and I never realized it was the TV evening news.

I note that they've been simulcasting "60 minutes" on radio for years.

--
A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                     617.367.0468
92 State Street, Suite 700          Fax: 617.507.7856