WEEI-FM transmitting in Mono

Mark Laurence marklaurence@mac.com
Wed Jan 11 11:34:20 EST 2012

On Jan 11, 2012, at 08:07 AM, Shawn Mamros <mamros@mit.edu> wrote:

I know the TV networks seem to put some effort into sending a 5.1
audio mix for the football games, or at least it sounds that way.

I think surround-sound stereo crowds make a huge difference in sports
broadcasts  If you're listening on a home theater system as so many
people are now, it puts you in the middle of the crowd and amps up
the excitement.  Radio should absolutely use that capability for play
by play whenever possible as cars put people in a similar listening
environment.