Happy 30th Birthday WMJX (Magic 106.7)

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Sun Jan 8 13:52:43 EST 2012

<<On Sun, 8 Jan 2012 13:02:22 -0500, "Mark Watson" <markwats@comcast.net> said:

> Other than mornings and afternoons and some weekend staffers, there
> hasn't been a lot of airstaff turnover, which speaks volumes given
> the current climate in the broadcasting business these days.

What it says to me is that they have a hugely-successful moneymaker
with no debt service, and management are comfortable not messing with
a winner.

How does that compare to their more-recently acquired stations?  102.5
might be a good comparison, since they've been in the format since the
early '90s but had four different facilities (96.9, 105.7, 99.5, and
now 102.5), each of which cost much more than 106.7 did back in the
early 1980s.

-GAWollman