WHDH-TV Weather 1959

A Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Mon Feb 27 00:13:36 EST 2012

On 2/26/2012 1:18 AM, Chris Hall wrote:

> Also any one out there remember Arch MacDonald as “Your ESSO Reporter” on WBZ-TV:
> More people the whole world over like the products and service they find at the E-S-S-O yes sir ESSO at the ESSO sign!

I remember Arch MacDonald, and someone else whose name escapes me, as
the "Shawmut Nightly News Teller."  As a small child, this made perfect
sense to me, since he was there to "tell" the news.

I also remember that in 1973, after the change over to Exxon in the
United States, I spent a week in London and found that the signs there
still said Esso.

--
A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                     617.367.0468
92 State Street, Suite 700          Fax: 617.507.7856