WHDH-TV Weather 1959

Kevin Vahey kvahey@gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 18:34:45 EST 2012

Atlantic was huge - they sponsored the Red Sox for decades.

A few snippets on the web

Utica
http://media.wktv.com/images/atlantic_weatherman2.jpg

Buffalo
http://www.buffalobroadcasters.com/photos/jackmahlyouratlanticweatherman.jpg

Orlando
http://rogersimmons.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/PX00109_91.jpg

Philadelphia
http://www2.timesdispatch.com/mgmedia/image/294/0/202042/herb-clarke/

Scanning Google I have seen obits of old Atlantic weathermen in New Haven
and Plattsburgh.

Fred B Cole as I mentioned had the role in Boston and it was only for the
early newscast at 6 ( Same in Manchester with Gus)

Cole was fired by WHDH radio in 1967 with no warning and was replaced by
Jim Runyon. Cole surfaced a couple of times first when WNTN Newton went on
the air and the Globe archives mention he was hired in 1977 by WHET. I
think WHET was the former WCRB AM 1330.