"CBS Sunday Morning" Profiles Elliott Family (BOB Elliott Family That Is)

Laurence Glavin lglavin@mail.com
Mon Dec 17 16:14:56 EST 2012

The telecast of "CBS Sunday Morning" that aired on the 16th veered from all-Newtown, CT coverage to include
 a profile of the Elliott family, that is the BOB Elliott family of "Bob and Ray" fame. Although the focus was definitely
 on the current generations of Elliotts in show biz, there was enough content that included video of Bob and Ray
 from their radio and yes TV days to be of interest here since they were so strongly identified with Bawstin.
 Bob is 89 and alive and well and still sounds like Wally Ballou.
 Here goes with a link that includes TWO forward slashes so nothing could possibly go wrong:

 http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-3445_162-57559466/the-elliotts-3-generations-of-comic-royalty/

 Oh, and in case my post about Joe Smith didn't work on your computer the other day because I used just one forward
 slash (it still worked on my SENT file since it only "saw" everything from www. forward, but not at the BRIG archive), here it is again with
 the double-forward slash:

 http://www.npr.org/2012/12/01/166260627/a-trove-of-chats-with-music-icons-now-online

 This way, the link will be viewable at the archive for future generations if the world's DOESN'T end on Friday.
 (Fun fact: a classical ensemble called the Boston Chamber Music Society did in fact perform a piece called
 "Quartet for the End of Time" by composer Olivier Messiaen this past weekend).