1200 stunting as Gaffe 1200

A Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Wed Aug 15 00:33:06 EDT 2012

On 8/14/2012 8:46 AM, SteveOrdinetz wrote:

> I'm not sure that 50 year old comedy bits is the best way to attract a
> demographically desirable audience today.  So much of comedy's appeal
> is in being contemporary....someone telling Nixon jokes isn't gonna
> cut it with someone who wasn't even born when he resigned.

Topical humor tends to get dated, but there is a lot that is timeless.
Bill Cosby's Noah, for example.  Or almost all of Jack Benny's work.

Once in the 1980s, I happened to be in the Student Union building at
UMass Amherst, and I heard Tom Lehrer coming from somewhere.  I followed
the sound and found a student government office, where a student, who
was wearing a Michael Jackson T-shirt, working on some papers and
listening to Tom Lehrer on a cassette player.  Most of that, too, is
timeless.

--
A. Joseph Ross, J.D.|92 State Street|Suite 700|Boston, MA 02109-2004
617.367.0468|Fx:617.507.7856|http://www.attorneyross.com