1200 stunting as Gaffe 1200

Jeff Lehmann jjlehmann@comcast.net
Mon Aug 13 17:04:59 EDT 2012

I don't think Fox Sports (or ESPN for that matter) is really intended to be run full time in major markets that have their own big professional sports teams. Fox, ESPN, and Yahoo talk constantly about college sports, which as Mike Adams on WEEI would say, nobody in Boston gives a rat's (rear end) about...

These networks are on stations all over the south and midwest where people can't get enough college sports. These cities also probably would not be able to support local shows.

I'd be very surprised if we ever see "Fox Sports 1200." If we do, I'll bet a good amount of money that it does worse than "Talk 1200" did.

Boston is a huge city for comedy. They made the right choice in format, giving it's success on translators in other places. It's not a stunt...

Jeff Lehmann