1200 stunting as Gaffe 1200

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Mon Aug 13 14:04:17 EDT 2012

<<On Mon, 13 Aug 2012 13:45:03 -0400, I wrote:

> For avoiding taxes.  The subsidiary is incorporated in a state that
> does not tax royalty income (e.g., Delaware[1]), and all the other

...and left out the footnote.  Oops!  Here it is, for whatever it's
worth:

[1] Hence the original name of these things, "Delaware Intellectual
Property LLCs".  They were first seen, as far as I know, in franchise
restaurants, where there is perhaps a bit better justification for the
practice (since the restaurants aren't co-owned with the franchisor,
and would be paying the licensing fees to someone anyway, so it's not
a sham).

-GAWollman