1200 stunting as Gaffe 1200

Peter J. Sherman peteyq2@gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 11:32:56 EDT 2012

I have no idea if this was the first such station, but I think it was back in the early 80s, the station on 1150 in Gaithersburg, MD (northwest suburb of DC) ran a comedy format with the calls WJOK. Didn't last long, but that wasn't necessarily due to the format - this station had a mediocre signal and it was a bit of a revolving door for formats. Not sure what it runs now.