When Roy Leonard was in Boston

Kevin Vahey kvahey@gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 12:18:35 EDT 2012

Dan

I found a Billboard 'Vox Jox' dated November 21,1964 that says Schwartz was
hired by WNAC to do 7:20 to 1 AM. The same column also mentions Dave Rodman
doing 4:15 to 6 PM.

http://books.google.com/books?id=QCAEAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA20&lpg=PA20&dq=jonathan+schwartz+wnac&source=bl&ots=WOrEhj9Hon&sig=Xibk7nFQKEhDZxTo-DDeGuJ1--I&hl=en&sa=X&ei=PIEmUPiwKaje0QH1t4HYDA

I am thinking you heard Schwartz's last weekend show in that kitchen in
November as he was doing Saturday and Sunday afternoons before getting the
night slot.

In any event Roy was let go in 1967 and took a summer fill-in job at WGN
that wound up lasting 40 years.

I don't have many memories of WNAC in those years as my parents listened to
WHDH almost 100%. Then 50 years ago this month I discovered WMEX as a 12
year old.