When Roy Leonard was in Boston

Dan.Strassberg dan.strassberg@att.net
Fri Aug 10 21:54:20 EDT 2012

The WNAC morning show featured Roy (Leonard), Jim (Dixon), and Gus (Saunders). The show was called (naturally) Roy, Jim, and Gus. It ended when General Tire flipped WNAC to WRKO. I'm guessing at the year: 1962 maybe.

-----
Dan Strassberg
e-fax 707-215-6367
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Kevin Vahey
  To: Boston Radio Group
  Sent: Friday, August 10, 2012 9:12 PM
  Subject: When Roy Leonard was in Boston

  Roy Leonard who was a rising star at first WHDH and then WNAC was suddenly
  out of a job in 1967 when WNAC-AM became WRKO. He was hired by WGN Chicago
  and became a superstar.

  He has started a blog and he has posted pictures of his WKOX, WHDH and WNAC
  days.

  He was Channel 5's first 11 PM newscaster,

  http://royleonard.com/wp-content/gallery/50s/sc0004f782-e1328810067299.jpg

  Roy with Ronald Reagan at WKOX

  http://royleonard.com/wp-content/gallery/50s/the-president-of-screen-actors-guild-1952-001.jpg

  Roy at Channel 7

  http://royleonard.com/wp-content/gallery/60s/1966_leonard-roy-wnac_tv_boston2-e1329877976661.jpg

  Here is one for Donna - Roy with other WNAC jocks in the 60's - who are the
  others?     I think Dave Rodman and Jim Dixon are in the pic.

  http://royleonard.com/wp-content/gallery/60s/1963_leonard_roy-wnac_tv_boston2-e1329877996430-1024x806.jpg

  The blog can be seen here

  http://royleonard.com/