Limbaugh returns to WRKO

Cohasset / Hippisley cohasset@frontiernet.net
Mon Aug 6 20:37:57 EDT 2012

That's an interesting comment about reception of 1520 in Rochester.  When I lived in Auburn (40 miles ESE of Rochester) decades ago, WKBW 1520 was one of the few decent nighttime signals I could reliably receive on my clock radio or Hallicrafters S-76 -- albeit with noticeable selective fade many evenings.   Perhaps the ground wave and the sky wave amplitudes were such as to maximally interfere with each other over Rochester.  Except during periods of extremely low solar flux (equivalent to zero sunspots), I doubt there would be a skip zone on 1520.

Bud Hippisley