never heard this before

Sean Smyth ssmyth@psualum.com
Sun Aug 5 18:06:38 EDT 2012

Donna wrote:
<< It may be happening a lot, but it's the first time I can recall it:  I was just listening to Kiss 108 a few minutes ago, and on came a promotion for the new Harbor 101.7.  Okay fine, nothing new there-- stations in the same group have been cross-promoting for ages, but usually with two different formats:  I recall WBZ (mostly news) promoting the Sports Hub, for example.  But here's what puzzled me:  the Harbor promo that was running on Kiss said that since the new station is having a "commercial free summer," you should come over to the Harbor and listen.  This was said during a Kiss commercial cluster.  The promo also said you could always come back to Kiss 108 later.  Wow, cue the sound of old-school PDs spinning in their graves.  Didn't the promo just encourage listening less to one station and more to the other? >>

I heard one of these promos a week or two ago, voiced over by Matty of all people.