never heard this before

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Sat Aug 4 15:54:45 EDT 2012

It may be happening a lot, but it's the first time I can recall it:  I
was just listening to Kiss 108 a few minutes ago, and on came a
promotion for the new Harbor 101.7.  Okay fine, nothing new there--
stations in the same group have been cross-promoting for ages, but
usually with two different formats:  I recall WBZ (mostly news)
promoting the Sports Hub, for example.  But here's what puzzled me:  the
Harbor promo that was running on Kiss said that since the new station is
having a "commercial free summer," you should come over to the Harbor
and listen.  This was said during a Kiss commercial cluster.  The promo
also said you could always come back to Kiss 108 later.  Wow, cue the
sound of old-school PDs spinning in their graves.  Didn't the promo just
encourage listening less to one station and more to the other?