Can WBCN lead listeners to buy HD radio?

Mark Laurence marklaurence@mac.com
Mon Apr 16 14:49:58 EDT 2012

On Apr 16, 2012, at 01:35 PM, Alan Tolz <atolz@comcast.net> wrote:

> I would presume that the last thing WZLX wants to do is canabalize it's
> audience by putting WBCN HD on its HD2 position.

They actually put WBCN on WZLX-HD3. I'm surprised the New York
Times didn't mention this, but there are two HD stations branded as
WBCN: the freeform WBCN on WZLX's HD, and the "Rock Revolution"
WBCN on WBZ-FM's HD.  It's one way to salute both identities of
the legendary station, but could it get more confusing?

I bet they would sell a lot of HD radios if they put the Red Sox on
HD2, exclusively.  Or Howard Stern.