Channel "5" during Boston's great OTA TV outage of 2012

A Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Thu Apr 12 00:12:58 EDT 2012

On 4/11/2012 5:16 PM, Laurence Glavin wrote:

> That 360-degree dual-polarized or circularly polarized antenna put out a GIANT signal for WCRB 102.5 when it was 15K @ 920'. Where I live, 30 miles north of the junction of route 9 and 128, it was the best signal of any FM broadcasting from there. The live Boston Symphony Orchestra broadcasts on Saturday nights were flawless (as they are now on 99.5 both live and on tape-delay the next day). But it appears that WCRB 102.5 moved hurriedly at just about the time work was started on the DTV add-on. It's possible that you had a picture of the old 102.5 an!
>   tenna scattered at the base of the tower one time at NERW. The rent at any route 126-area tower would likely be the same, and WCRB from what I understand didn't have the option of moving to The Pru because of the 10.7 interference it might cause to WUMB-FM 91.9.

I tended to have trouble picking up the signal in Brookline because of
images from many of the other FM stations at the Pru and at FM 128.  My
oldest tube radios did the best job of rejecting the spurious signals.
In my office downtown, I used to have to re-tune the radio frequently.

--
A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                     617.367.0468
92 State Street, Suite 700          Fax: 617.507.7856