RIP: Steve Fredericks

Larry Sochrin lsochrin@rcn.com
Wed Apr 11 23:09:32 EDT 2012

After reading Dan Strassberg's reference to Gene Burns, I took a look at KKSF's website and found the following:

Tuesday, April 03, 2012
A Message From Gene...

>From Gene Burns:

To My listeners and Friends in NewsTalk910 Family. The past few weeks has brought a great number of changes, and a vast silence. For the silence, please accept my apologies. I have been recovering from a Stroke, which has affected the speech center of my brain in the form of Aphasia. In this third month of recovery, I am enthusiastic and thankful for the progress I have made, due in no small part to the great amount of help I have received from UCSF, St. Francis, and the Sutter Health care groups. Most days, I have speech therapy and visits from great friends and colleagues.

I would like to wish everybody well, and to say thank you to the NewsTalk910 family for sticking by me. Many of the NewsTalk 910 line-up of hosts have reached out, including of course Len Tillem, my long time friend and advisor. A special thank you to my colleagues; to John, Gil, Rosie, Ed, Dr. Bill, James and the rest for stepping up to the plate for me.

Most importantly; thank you to all of you who Listen, Tweet, Facebook and tell friends about me, and my Program.

Although I do not have a specific date for my return to the Air, I listen each day to NewsTalk 910, giving me motivation to re-join the conversation about the issues of the day.

With gratitude for your support,

Gene

Gene Burns, NewsTalk 910

(From http://www.newstalk910.com/pages/gene-burns.html#ixzz1rn7rNBie)