Channel "5" during Boston's great OTA TV outage of 2012

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Tue Apr 10 16:22:36 EDT 2012

On 4/10/2012 11:01 AM, Scott Fybush wrote:

> WCVB has an auxiliary antenna side-mounted on the Needham tower, and
> it's operating from there at low power.

I thought WBZ-TV had a smaller tower next to the big one, which would
allow them to transmit, albeit with low range, if anything happened to
the big tower.  When I read about it, I surmised that it was a response
to the problems they had after the fall of the large Soldiers Field Road
tower in 1953.

--
A. Joseph Ross, J.D.             617.367.0468
92 State Street, Suite 700       Fax: 617.507.7856