WGBH World To WGBH-TV 2.2

Mike Ward mward@iname.com
Sat Apr 7 23:22:43 EDT 2012

The station here was NBC affiliate WKYC/3, which took RF 17 very happily at
the transition...and spent a bundle doing so, with basically a brand new
facility at the old analog site.

Analog 17 in the market was abandoned because TBN O&O WDLI/17 Canton stayed
on pre-transition RF 39, though they got better market coverage by moving
later to RF 49.

49 was available because PBS affiliate WEAO/49 stayed on RF 50, and 39
ended up being the digital home of LD RTV affiliate WIVM-LP/52 Canton.

No one went back to RF 2, not even an LPTVer begging for an in-market
channel.