WEEI-FM 93.7

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@mail.com
Mon Sep 12 15:34:44 EDT 2011

Supposedly All Access said that in the most recent ratings, Mike 93.7 had its best book ever...it showed up at #7
 (from #11) in P 18-34, tying it with WAAF...good ratings and billing but they needed a spot for WEEI and this tended
 to cover a good amount of the area, with the sister stations doing well out west and south.

 Some Mike 93.7 fans are complaining about the switch (on facebook) and saying they'll miss the station that played "everything".
 Well, there are a lot of types of music out there, not just rock/rap/pop; they may have blended some genres
 but I notice the music mix was tending to stick to tried and true rock/rap favorites, many of the same artists who
 show up on other stations. (Yes, you had all of these on ONE station though). No longer did I hear unexpected
 tracks by artists like Dean Martin, Garth Brooks, etc.

 We play...everything? Maybe I wasn't tuned in when they were playing "Got My Mojo Workin'" by Muddy Waters,
 "Well Did You Evah" by Frank and Bing, "Take Five" by Dave Brubeck, "Clarinet Solo In A Major" written by Mozart, or "Lily the Pink" by the Irish Rovers.
 But...I thought they played everything?