WEEI-FM 93.7

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Mon Sep 12 12:19:49 EDT 2011

On 9/12/2011 12:07 PM, Bill O'Neill (billohno@gmail.com) wrote:
> On 9/12/2011 12:04 PM, Scott Fybush wrote:
>> It's not for lack of trying. I know Entercom has made approaches to
>> just about every potential affiliate in Vermont, but word is that the
>> cost of affiliation is pretty high.
>>
> Would it be more cost-effective for Entercom to acquire a Vermont signal
> outright? I can't imagine the dollars being anything remotely what they
> are used to tossing about in other markets (even in austere times).

The dollars are small, but so is the return on investment, especially
for the sort of small standalone AM most likely to end up in the WEEI fold.

Entercom has become a much larger market player; hard to imagine the
corporate office wanting to bother with the low six figures in revenue
they MIGHT be able to pull out of an AM in Montpelier or Bennington or
White River Junction, especially when they're already getting most of
that revenue just by offering up the Sox network affiliation at night.