Almost impossible for the average person to buy a HD Radio

Sid Schweiger sid@wrko.com
Fri Sep 9 17:41:56 EDT 2011

"Does this format have any chance to survive?"

There really does appear to be very little consumer interest, and radio industry figures show that new HD station conversions have slowed to a trickle.  Last figures I saw for US stations showed approximately 17% of FMs and 3% of AMs are running HD at all, not to mention those AMs running it daytime-only.  Considering that it has been a viable transmission mode for almost a decade, I don't think the prospects look good.

Sid Schweiger
IT Manager, Entercom New England
20 Guest St / 3d Floor
Brighton MA  02135-2040