WUMB is back

Eli Polonsky elipolo@earthlink.net
Fri Sep 2 13:46:56 EDT 2011

Only ten miles away from their Quincy transmitter
on the side of a south-facing hill in Somerville,
it requires certain positioning of my "rabbit ear"
TV antenna on my HD home tuner to lock WUMB in to
HD, and there are very few spots where my Insignia
personal portable will get them in HD in this area.

I'd be surprised that you would get a clean analog
signal from their Quincy transmitter up there, let
alone HD. It's only 660 watts ERP, the HD would be
a very small fraction of that. Are you listening to
91.9 from Quincy, or to their 91.7 repeater WNEF
from Newburyport (Amesbury)?

EP