Old Posts

Dale H. Cook radiotest@plymouthcolony.net
Sun Oct 16 15:04:07 EDT 2011

At 02:39 PM 10/16/2011, Garrett Wollman wrote:

>What happened was that your moderator went through the moderation
>queue for the list and cleared the posts that were still waiting for
>human inspection.  The legitimate posts (half a dozen or so) were
>forwarded to the list, and the spams (about a gross) were discarded.

That moderation is one of the reasons why I like this list. Just this
week I unsubbed two unmoderated broadcasting lists upon which erupted
political shouting matches. Some other unmoderated lists which I sub
and message boards which I visit have just started receiving their
annual bouts of Christmas gift giving spam - a problem every year,
and one which the host system for those lists and boards could at
least partly eliminate with open source filtering tools, but which
they do nothing about other than deleting the posts about which users complain.

Dale H. Cook, Contract Engineer, Roanoke/Lynchburg, VA
http://plymouthcolony.net/starcityeng/index.html