Breaking News: Apple announces Steve Jobs is dead at 56.

Mark Laurence marklaurence@mac.com
Wed Oct 5 21:44:16 EDT 2011

On Oct 5, 2011, at 9:29 PM, Garrett Wollman wrote:

> Finally, some broadcast relevance!

I guess this has some broadcast relevance.  I got this news the same way I learned of Michael Jackson's death. It was not from any broadcaster or even online, but via text message on my cellphone from radio news source All Access.

Not exactly high tech or mass-media, but one of the most far-reaching forms of push-media.

RIP, Steve Jobs.  By some standards I was a little late to the Apple fan club, but after 2000 I was completely hooked.