WAMC Legal ID

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Sun Oct 2 11:51:57 EDT 2011

<<On Sun, 2 Oct 2011 10:12:32 -0400, Bob DeMattia <bob.bosra@demattia.net> said:

> That being said, since the callsign is encoded into the data stream,
> I don't understand why there is a requirement that the HD channel
> has to be identified.  at all.

The only thing that I can come up with is that radios are not required
to have a display, and even those that do might be owned by blind
people, who presumably have just as much of a right to know what
station they are hearing as anyone else.  (Don't ask me to try to
square this with the option of identifying a TV station in the visual
medium only.  Maybe if a station runs DVS they should describe the
legal ID, too!)

-GAWollman