WAMC Legal ID

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Sat Oct 1 19:25:22 EDT 2011

<<On Sat, 01 Oct 2011 17:34:03 -0400, Larry Weil <kc1ih@mac.com> said:

> I think Maine Public Radio is longer than NHPR, but I’ll bet
> Northeast Public Radio (WAMC et al) is longer.  Some of the other
> statewide public radio networks must also have long I.D.’s, both
> Minnesota and Mississippi have many stations in their networks and
> thus a long I.D..

Nope.  Minnesota and Wisconsin do it by remote control -- each
transmitter identifies itself alone.  WAMC and WSLU could do it that
way if they cared to spend the money.  (WPR at least used to trigger
the ID with three digits of DTMF, in program; I think MPR uses a
contact closure instead, IIRC.)

-GAWollman