FCC Seizes Radio Equipment

Matthew Osborne mattosborne1976@yahoo.com
Sat May 28 22:31:01 EDT 2011

This used to happen to me all the time when I lived in Hyde Park, NY.  We  had an older alarm clock radio set up in our kitchen that was able to pick up WLTW (106.7) New York pretty reliably, albeit with a weak signal.  The house must've been right under a flight path into one or both of NYC's commercial airports.  We would constantly hear WLTW's signal cut out and be completely overridden by pilots communicating with the NYC airports on approach.  I only noticed it on 106.7 though - no other frequencies had this issue.

                                   Matt Osborne
                                   Rotterdam, NY